Thursday, August 31, 2006

I...the backbencher

Who says there is no class discrimination in India...what about these 3 castes
1)the backbenchers (the lower class/caste)
2)the front benchers (the upper class/caste)
3)the middle rows (who cares about them anyway).

I belong to the backbencher caste (though not being born into it). I have heard a lot of criticism throughout my life for being a backbencher but being a selfish person, I prefer to belong to that caste.Here are the reasons why ::

1) U can see all the hot chicks without getting noticed.
2) U can earn the title of the 'Class Gossiper' as all the events happening in the class are registered by u.
3) U are always noticed by the teacher as she knows u are a potential candidate for making mischief.
4) As the many classrooms are not stepped in India, it is in ur hand when to be in focus of the teacher's attention and when to hide away from her.
5) U could always eat ur tiffin there.
6) If u perform well, the teacher gets doubly impressed as I was a backbencher.

Even in USA after paying 10,000$ I didn't feel like changing my caste because:

1) All the above mentioned advantages.
2) U can play chess games on ur laptop and make the Prof. beieve that u are taking notes.
3) U can escape from the class without getting noticed.

So why does one want to belong to that upper caste when u have these advantages by being a backward caste??

(For the ignorant few, in HBS the last 2 rows are the most powerful rows name the Powerdeck and the Skydeck resp.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

no offence but I am from "only boys" school (unfortunately) and even from a "upper class", but the true reason for that is to checkout the new hot teacher closely as there was no one else to do so. We had learnt to cope up with the situation. So I guess u must have got the answer...